This forum is now archived and read-only.

Selecting a Social Media Marketing Strategy Is Easy — Here’s How

I’ve been getting a lot of questions lately from people who are trying build their brands online via social media platforms.

Reading time: 9 min read

This guide is a great example, simply listing each channel and its strengths. Then pointing out that success in any of them comes from regular execution, so only pick a few.

At Source, we say: You can’t teach The How if you haven’t explained the The Why. And you can’t do The How, unless you know The When.

The If-Then is the step from novice mimickry, to independent decision-making. This is where the shift towards mastery takes place.

Dave Gray (who I will continue learning from forever) puts this altogether in Visual Thinking School, covering the spectrum in 3 short, powerful videos:

Don’t mistake The How for the full picture

Most education programmes focus on The How. Some include The Why. Very few cover The When. This is a big reason why so many fail. By design, they’re treating education like a one-way funnel for how-to knowledge, rather than focusing on broader understanding, and designing to allow pathways towards mastery and independence.

@ncerovac what’s your take on the quality of this guide?

Facilitation skill: Visual Thinking

It’s great and detailed explanation, i really like it (I sent it to my CM). As for my opinion, I would say i’m doing similar.

So with LF we focus now on facebook and instagram and for now facebook is getting us a lot of trafic, instagram is for me problem to measure since i can’t put link in comment, so need to find a way to measure and then update you guys :slight_smile:

As for linkedin, medium and pinterest - I want to test it out, but have feeling that blog post explained how it goes, so i expect similar result.

What is also interesting for Balkan region is meetup.com, since on Balkans it’s not that used, it’s kind of good hack to use since they(automatic meetup promo mails) will send promotional emails constantly because there are not many meetups in region, so its kind of free marketing + people that use meetup platform are tech savy people so it’s win win. for us, we grew organically there on almost 100 people, used it for last meetup, and 60 people came.

1 Like